Tuesday 12 February 2013

Long Loan Competition

I've just seen this post by Sarah Lund, a fellow 23 Things Soton blogger... and as I pointed out, in our library the book wouldn't actually be overdue (according to our current loan rules, so long as nobody recalled it).

That got me thinking - I have about 30 years until I retire, so if I could find a really obscure book I'd still be a long way off having had it for 55 years. But with the retirement age only likely to go upwards, there's a possibility that perhaps a newer member of staff could actually manage to borrow a book for that length of time.

Someone starting at the age of 16 would need to still have it at the age of 71. It's a bit of a slow burner in competition terms, I'll admit :)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe instead of an obscure book you could pick an incredibly dull book, then it would feel as though you'd had it for 55 years...

    ReplyDelete