Friday 1 February 2013

Having Fun with Twitter

So I've done (with the help of Paula) the blogging parts of 23 Things, and I've also come up with the guidance for the "browsers" part as well. If you thought that bit wasn't overly interesting, I'm sorry... I did my best with it, but it wasn't the sexiest material to work with!

However, you'll shortly be discovering more about Twitter - and I'm hoping that you'll find that a lot more interesting. I've got a few things up my sleeve to get some discussion going - I really hope that everyone will join in.

My big concern is that Twitter is a very open, public platform - and it's completely possible that people outside the Sot 23 Things programme will interact with one or more of our participants. There's not a lot that anyone can do about it - and if it happens it will probably be nice and interesting interactions.

But it is possible (perhaps even likely?) that some people will get hit with spam tweets. I don't think there's anything we can do to prevent that, so in the "Thing 10" guidance I've put in some very clear advice on this kind of thing: don't worry, just block.

That worry aside, I'm hoping that it'll be a week that people will really engage with and enjoy. I'm looking forward to it!

2 comments: